Weekend of Chamber Music offers Chamber Music Fellowships to pre-professional musicians at its annual two-week July Summer Festival in the Catskills. In 2018, from July 15th to 29th, WCM Fellows will have the opportunity to work with WCM’s outstanding roster of performing artists and 2018 Composer-in-Residence, Joan Tower.
WCM’s Fellowship program offers up to five pre-professional performers and composers festival residencies, consisting of:
• daily shadowing of the performers and guest composer in rehearsal
• lessons, masterclasses, and discussion with festival artists
• career mentoring and chamber music coaching
• performances in the Eddie Adams Barn as well as performance opportunities in the region
• public readings of composers’ works, with composers and performers collaborating on new pieces
Participants will gain first-hand experience of the inner workings of a chamber music festival, from rehearsal to performance, management to grant-writing, and administration.
Weekend of Chamber Music will provide housing and lunches will be catered and shared among artists on the porch of the Eddie Adams barn.
Weekend of Chamber Music is located in the southern Catskill Mountains northwest of New York City