WCM Festival Immersion Fellowships
From July 16 to 31, 2016, WCM will offer up to 4 Immersion Fellowships at its annual two-week festival in the Catskills. Fellows will collaborate in performer/composer groups creating new works to be composed and presented at the festival.
The Immersion Program offers pre-professional performers and composers Festival Residencies, consisting of:
- daily shadowing of the performers and guest composer in rehearsal
- lessons, master-classes, coachings
- informal discussion with festival artists, sharing meals, intimate atmosphere
- career mentoring with festival directors on grant writing, programming and marketing
- public presentation of the work(s) created by composers and performers at the festival
Fellows will have the opportunity to work individually and in groups with WCM’s performing artists, who are in attendance for one or both Festival weeks. This season’s artists include composer-in-residence Anna Weesner; soprano Françoise Kubler and clarinetist Armand Angster from the French group, Accroche Note; guitarist and youth music educator Rami Vamos; violinists Sunghae Anna Lim and Nurit Pacht; cellist Caroline Stinson; pianists Tannis Gibson and composer and violinist Andrew Waggoner.
Immersion Fellows will gain first-hand experience of the inner workings of a chamber music festival, from rehearsal to performance and stage management to grant-writing and administration.